Heart Beginning's

"My daughter, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways." Proverbs 23:26

"The plan of beginning outside and trying to work inward has always failed and always will fail. God's plan with you is to begin at the seat of all dificulties, the heart, and then from out of the heart will issue the principleso f righteousness; the reformation will be outward as well as inward." EGW

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Nasarah

Date: 10-21-07

Have I told you what a beautiful place this is? I'm realizing more and more everyday...God is opening my eyes to the beautiful faces, the beautiful smiles, the beautiful tiny black hands reaching up to me. Boy it sure does take time to feel comfortable in a place, to feel like you belong. I've almost forgotten at times that I look any different then them, walking through the market place bargaining for a piece of sugar cane feels so normal....that is until I look behind me and see 15 kids watching me...then you make a quick move towards them and poof they scatter with screams of laughter and giggles...or until I hear "Nasarah" being called out as I walk by...oh ya...I'm "Nasarah"...the white person. It used to annoy me hearing "Nasarah" like an echo in the Grand Canyon all day long...that is until I was informed of how we got that name. The first white people that the Nagerene tribe here saw were missionaries telling them of Jesus the Nasarene...thus "Nasarah"...now every time I hear it I reminded of why I'm here. Instead of irritating me it causes me turn by the Grace of God and grab both of the hands up stretched to me and spin them round and round and round.

No comments: