Heart Beginning's

"My daughter, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways." Proverbs 23:26

"The plan of beginning outside and trying to work inward has always failed and always will fail. God's plan with you is to begin at the seat of all dificulties, the heart, and then from out of the heart will issue the principleso f righteousness; the reformation will be outward as well as inward." EGW

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Directions...How to Eat Sugar Cane

Date: 10-17-07

First of all if your jaw is sore at all don't even try...especially if your piece of sugar cane is a good couple inches around. After you've accumulated an audience for your debut in sugar cane eating you can begin. Sonya and I sat on a bench surrounded by my family. We'd just finished doing my laundry and were taking a break. A sugar cane break! Turn the sugar cane side way's...grab the outer peeling you don't eat with your teeth and pull as hard as you can, leaving slivers of green peelings in your teeth. You go at it again. The whole family is now laughing at Sonya and I as spit drips down the sugar cane and it still looks the same as when we started. Finally Berthe has pity on us and takes the sugar cane from our hands and grrrrhhh...whips that peeling right off with her teeth...and there you have it - mmmm. Yummy sugar cane that Berthe has just peeled for you with her mouth. Sonya and I bit in with gusto. Ok so it doesn't matter that it has Berthe saliva all over it as I chew and suck and chew and suck until all the cool sugar liquid is out. And then the FINALE...SPIT!!!! Encore!!!!

No comments: