Heart Beginning's

"My daughter, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways." Proverbs 23:26

"The plan of beginning outside and trying to work inward has always failed and always will fail. God's plan with you is to begin at the seat of all dificulties, the heart, and then from out of the heart will issue the principleso f righteousness; the reformation will be outward as well as inward." EGW

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Don't Try This in America

1.. Wash the bowl out with sand, rinse with water, and serve.
2.. Re-cap you needles.
3.. Do all dressing changes without gloves.
4.. Go barefoot in the OR
5.. Tell the nurse you're working with to wash out that Foley Catheter bag
you'll use it for the next patient.
6.. Take a shower in your back yard.
7.. Suck on your fingers to clean off you hand after dinner.
8.. Rinse of the suction tubing using your hands and then suck on the
other end with your mouth to continue suctioning the tracheal tube.
9.. Wear the same dress all day after your baby peed all over you.
10.. Throw all the flip-flops in your yard at the pigs that won't leave.
11.. Pile 26 people in a mini-van.
12.. Walk outside your door and pee, why go all 10 feet to the hole?
13.. Use the same IV catheter over and over again for trying to start an
IV on a patient until it gets a hole in it.
14.. Hang blood to gravity.
15.. As a nurse prescribe medication and dosages.
16.. Pile 3 people on one little motorcycle.
17.. Put your arm around a stranger and tell them that you're going to
walk home with them.
18.. Eat the huge locust on your corn plants...raw!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Liz, I'm writing this with the hope that your blog is automatically sending the comments to your email. I will take your advice and not try anything on that list here in America - particularly getting peed in while wearing a dress! And when I get to Africa I'm going to stop all the "strangers" from walking back with their arm around you - I'll do it for them. Thanks for all your efforts with the blog. It's good for us in America to be clued in to what is going on around the world...I love you.

EMILY STAR said...

Liz I am inspired by your blog and your experience already. I have a blog here and I wrote about you tonight...just things hit me in reading what you are doing there. Praying for you right now, Love Emily