Heart Beginning's

"My daughter, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways." Proverbs 23:26

"The plan of beginning outside and trying to work inward has always failed and always will fail. God's plan with you is to begin at the seat of all dificulties, the heart, and then from out of the heart will issue the principleso f righteousness; the reformation will be outward as well as inward." EGW

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My Chicken Roomate

Date: 10-14-07

I sat having my devotion's when I heard a peculiar sound coming from Berthe's corner of the hut. It wasn't Berthe - she was already up preparing breakfast and it was still dark enough outside that I couldn't tell what was making the sound. Berthe's mosquito net started to move as something was trying to fight its way out. I peered into the dark intently waiting for something to appear and wondering if I should be prepared to fight or kill! That's when a little white head and yellow beak popped around the corner of the door. The hen did a quick assessment of her surroundings and made a quick run for the door. I figured that she'd just gotten locked in during the night but after a quick breakfast of bugs from under the banana tree she was back again to fight the mosquito net. This time the light flickered into the hut and as she pushed past the mosquito net back into her corner I saw 5 little white eggs nestled into the far corner of my hut. Yep, she had set up housekeeping. Now I'm just waiting for the devotional time when I will hear little peeps and the cracking of eggs and see a family emerge from the corner of my hut.

No comments: