Heart Beginning's

"My daughter, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways." Proverbs 23:26

"The plan of beginning outside and trying to work inward has always failed and always will fail. God's plan with you is to begin at the seat of all dificulties, the heart, and then from out of the heart will issue the principleso f righteousness; the reformation will be outward as well as inward." EGW

Monday, August 27, 2007

The White Girl is Showering!!!

Date: 8-23-07

So the whole neighborhood knew!! It was raining that morning when I got up so I skipped the shower and decided to be like everyone else and take my cold shower later in the day when it actually feels good. Unfortunately I forgot that there's also more people awake at this time of day. Take it from me 3:00 in the afternoon is not the best time to take a shower if you're in Africa and you're white!!

So I stepped into the round circle, which consisted of mats held up by sticks and up onto a couple of rocks placed for a shower floor. I began with the normal routine of throwing water on myself with a bowl. It was normal until I stood up from my crouched position. That's when I heard the giggles. Yep, the neighbor kids had spotted me. Five little heads stared back at my head and shoulders from their place in the court-yard. I probably should've waved and did a little dance but their mom saw them all staring at me and they got a good yelling. No matter how good the yelling, though, every time I'd stand up they would still be staring..and their mom yelling. The yelling I think encouraged the little piglet's from next door to see what all the commotion was about. I bet the kids sent him as a spy. The little black piglet and his 2 brothers came squealing around the mat wall. They gave a few grunts and decided that maybe they had the wrong shower circle. Personally I thought they could've used a good bath!!!

1 comment:

Lori Parker said...

Sweet Lizzy,
I love you sooo...much.
When I grow up I want to be as sweet as you..I miss you so much...I pray for you off and on all day every day.Your being there in Africa has helped improve your Aunt Lori's prayer life.
Big Hug and Kiss.