Heart Beginning's

"My daughter, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways." Proverbs 23:26

"The plan of beginning outside and trying to work inward has always failed and always will fail. God's plan with you is to begin at the seat of all dificulties, the heart, and then from out of the heart will issue the principleso f righteousness; the reformation will be outward as well as inward." EGW

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Songs of Home

Date: 8-12-07

I'm truly am thankful to be living with my new family in their hut, because I will learn French much faster and I will develop a relationship with the people that I never could've done otherwise. That is why Sarah and James put us with them, although there is room in the house at the hospital compound. I sat in the hospital office Friday night and cried for quite a while after seeing the couches, and toilet in the house. My desire for comfort and something familiar was almost overwhelming.it takes effort and the willingness to change to live with the Pierre and his family. That's when God reminded me that I wanted to grow, He reminded me that His strength is made perfect in weakness, He reminded me that He came to this earth for 30 years from Heaven.and I'm only here 10 months. It turned dark while I sat in the empty office of the hospital.during this time God gave me strength to smile, to get up and walk to my hutte. When I got there his family was all sitting around the lantern I joined them, we laughed and laughed as they tried to teach me words, and than they sang. Songs that I knew the tune to, and that's when I cried with them. They understood in their own way, the motioned to their faces about my tears, and all I could say was mon familia and hold Esthe who was sitting closest to me. The next morning all the kids left with me for Church. If they weren't holding my hands then one was holding me water bottle and the other my bible. During the sermon Ann one of the youngest crawled up on my lap and snuggled in.that's when I realized it was all gonna be OK.

No comments: