Heart Beginning's

"My daughter, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways." Proverbs 23:26

"The plan of beginning outside and trying to work inward has always failed and always will fail. God's plan with you is to begin at the seat of all dificulties, the heart, and then from out of the heart will issue the principleso f righteousness; the reformation will be outward as well as inward." EGW

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Clapping: it's the New Vogue

Date: 09-10-07

I walked into the pediatric unit yesterday morning and greeted two of my favorite boys with our signature handshakes and clapping rituals. We're attempting to get faster and faster but their coordination is somewhat lacking. I won both rounds by them messing up and was bugging them about it, what I didn't realize is that all the Arab mother's with their babies behind me had been watching. They were all laughing when one of the boys messed up. When I turned around I found 4-5 mothers all wanting to give "the clap" a try. Arab hands are very BIG!!! I'd never realized this. So we gave it ago the whole ward was in hysteric's as one after another mother almost hit me in the face because she forgot which hand was next! One mother couldn't get off the bed because she was holding her infant but was clapping her hands and motioning for me to come to her bedside. Today as I walked by beds and families sitting outside woman were clapping their hands and wanting to try again. Hey, laughter, its good medicine right?

No comments: