Heart Beginning's

"My daughter, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways." Proverbs 23:26

"The plan of beginning outside and trying to work inward has always failed and always will fail. God's plan with you is to begin at the seat of all dificulties, the heart, and then from out of the heart will issue the principleso f righteousness; the reformation will be outward as well as inward." EGW

Friday, February 1, 2008

Caught Red-Handed

Date: 1-29-08

Today found me sitting on my cot, curtain pulled to cover my door, and two Nalgenes and water pump sitting at my feet. Pumping water from the "dirty water nalgene" to the clean one. I was going as fast as I could, hoping my family wouldn't bring diner to my hut just yet and catch me cleaning the water they drink so freely. That's when the curtain parted and a plate of fried sweet potatoes entered followed by a little black head. Caught red-handed; she kinda-of cocked her head like what in the world are you doing, placed the food on my mat and retreated as I sat with filter in hand. Oh well maybe they'll come to me asking to use the filter since Berthe had to stay home from school with diarrhea' today. Personally I refuse to live up to the name, Giardiaella, which was so kindly bestowed on me by Sonya. This last week brought the 2nd and I hope now with the filter (sent by the Carter's) the last. I must say though in refute to Sonya's lead in Malaria I have her 2:1 in Giardia. Today we sang her our dubbed Giardia initiation song as we handed her the lab results with a big fat red Giardia written next to her stool test. Hans, Esther , and I (all veteran's) sang her a rousing version of "When your drivin' in your Chevy and your feelin' somethin' heavy, diarrhea, diarrhea."

No comments: