Heart Beginning's

"My daughter, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways." Proverbs 23:26

"The plan of beginning outside and trying to work inward has always failed and always will fail. God's plan with you is to begin at the seat of all dificulties, the heart, and then from out of the heart will issue the principleso f righteousness; the reformation will be outward as well as inward." EGW

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Mat Time

Date: 1-28-08

Have you ever taken the time to lay down under the vast expanse of sky above you just as the sun is going down and stay there long enough to watch the stars appear as the transformation from day to night occur. I realized that I never had as I took mat time tonight. I was feeling sick to my stomach so I curled up with my hoody and watched as God scattered his gift of twinkling glitter across the sky. It made me feel so very far apart from all of you but so close to God. As a satellite streaked its way across my expanse of African sky I whispered, "Take me with you." as I imagined it circling the earth and flying across the sky that covers Mom, Dad, Kev, Rae, Kyle, and all those I love so dearly. But then I thought of the time that is only 3 1/2 months away when I will sit under an American night sky and long for the beautiful simplicity of African life. Of time to watch my families faces as the sound of popping popcorn fills our courtyard, to laugh together as Dorcus attempts to do a Nangere dance little feet pounding, and arms flapping to the beat of the scratchy radio, for the family prayer said by the light of a lantern as drums beat somewhere in the night, yes someday I will miss this mat time!

No comments: