Heart Beginning's

"My daughter, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways." Proverbs 23:26

"The plan of beginning outside and trying to work inward has always failed and always will fail. God's plan with you is to begin at the seat of all dificulties, the heart, and then from out of the heart will issue the principleso f righteousness; the reformation will be outward as well as inward." EGW

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Manure: The New Way to Get to Know Your Neighbors

Date: 12-20-07

So the pigs got into our courtyard a couple nights ago and ate the flowers off my plants and ate the remaining remnants of two green bushedsby my door!!!! That's it. I'm planting a Cactus Garden!!! Take that you nasty pigs!!! So yesterday I went on a Cactus hunt. Now the front of my hut has 5-6 different types of Cactus growing and on the other side the only flowering bush that goats and chickens don't eat. I'm planting tons of those. Today George Veal (an Agriculturist from Loma Linda) helped me transplant a bunch of Banana Trees to make myself a little haven on the side of my hut. We needed Manure so off I went searching my neighbors property for any good looking manure. Boy were the natives getting a kick out of that. Finally I'd run out of places and headed up the path next to my hut. Then our closest neighbor that I haven't met yet came walking out holding a huge nugget asking if I would like more this size. Of course being in the Manure Search mood that I was I got very excited and we went running back to the back area of his hut where there was tons of Manure. Soon there were kids everywhere helping me pick up manure, and digging around in the straw. The dad and I had a great time getting to know each other over this amazing manure discovering. He told me I could come back anytime I want to. I think I will. Now that I've been in his compound once and digging around looking for manure we've broken down any barriers that there ever could have been. I love how God uses silly things like searching for Manure to open up opportunities for ministry.

No comments: