Heart Beginning's

"My daughter, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways." Proverbs 23:26

"The plan of beginning outside and trying to work inward has always failed and always will fail. God's plan with you is to begin at the seat of all dificulties, the heart, and then from out of the heart will issue the principleso f righteousness; the reformation will be outward as well as inward." EGW

Thursday, November 29, 2007

How to bathe a chicken 4 year old style

Date: 11-25-07

First of all a disclaimer for my lack of communication and very bad up keep of blog posting..Generator went capoot, phone not sending e-mail's for the last 2 weeks, and crazy days at the hospital. I will however try to get my priorities straight and keep you all informed. Quick update before the following story...I've been fondly renamed Giardiaella by my fellow SM's, my family has stopped feeding me boulle, my carrots have sprouted, the goat found it's way into my garden this morning, French is coming along nicely, and I love working at the hospital...praise God for the Joy and Strength He is so willing to give to us all. Thank you for your prayers, the strength of them is greatly felt.

Howaa "my mom" left this morning for Ndjamena, leaving a bawling 4 year old Dorcus behind. She stood at the gate and bawled alligator tears, the rest of the family just kept on eating breakfast. I decided this would just not do. Soon she was sitting on my knee and still bawling for the whole neighborhood to hear. A different approach had to be taken. This is when I remembered the little hand puppets Kevin had sent. Now would be the time to break them out. I carried her into my hut and there we found a very white chicken with red feather's. The crying began to cease as I talked chicken to her. Bauck, bauck. Soon a little smile came to her face and she reached out to take hold of the chicken. Her hand found it's way up inside and Mr. Chicken became her best friend.

When I arrived home from work I found her warming up water on the coals to give Mr. Chicken (fondly renamed "baby") a bath. You see white chickens, or should I say babies, get dirty very fast in Africa. Berthe the older sister told me that she'd held it up today before giving "baby" it's first bath today and kissed it 4 times. I'm glad to know that Mr. chicken has found a good mom. But how long he's going to last with a couple washing's a day I'm not sure ;)

3 comments:

Ry Yeo! said...

I'm still so glad I know you Liz. Keep Strong. Rejoice.

RyanY.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Liz for giving us a glimpse of how simple it is to love others. Here in the states we think we need the newest, biggest and best of everything to be happy, but you show us through your simple acts of kindness how Jesus would love the little children. I pray that we all may follow your example and learn to observe & reach out to those in need this Christmas season.
Continue to Shine,

Terry (Esther's dad)

EMILY STAR said...

Liz! YOur heart is good. God is in it! keep blogging! Love emily